St Maria Goretti School staff are dedicated to educating children and developing in them skills, attitudes and values so they can participate as active and informed citizens. We do this within the tradition of the Sisters of St Joseph, founded by Mary MacKillop, where Christian values are an everyday lived experience.
At St Maria Goretti School, we create a place where
- we value the example of Jesus and believe he lives in all people
- students feel comfortable talking to and approaching teachers
- each child is known and understood
- children are happy, cared for and nurtured
- everybody is treated with dignity and respect
- we promote and encourage each child’s self-esteem
- individual learning and developmental needs are catered for
- curriculum is dynamic and exciting
- children are dealt with fairly and consistently
- positive reinforcement is the dominant behaviour management strategy
- the school’s appearance is appealing and welcoming.
Our School Prayer
Whole School Values - The 5 C's